Elodia — the sixth full-length studio album by Swiss gothic metal band Lacrimosa. It took fourteen months to make the album.
Elodia is a concept album and a rock opera in three acts. The album tells about parting of two lovers, narrated by Tilo Wolff and Anne Nurmi.
London Symphony Orchestra contributed in the creation of the album.
|01.||Am Ende der Stille||At the End of Silence||8:05|
|02.||Alleine zu Zweit||Together Alone||4:15|
|03.||Halt mich||Hold me||3:56|
|04.||The turning point||Der Wendepunkt||4:58|
|05.||Ich verlasse heute Dein Herz||I Take Leave Of Your Heart Today||8:29|
|06.||Dich zu töten fiel mit schwer||Killing You Was Hard||7:56|
|08.||Am Ende stehen wir zwei||At The End There Are The Two Of Us||5:45|
Tilo Wolff — vocals, keyboards
Anne Nurmi — vocals, keyboards
AC — drums
Jay P. — guitar, bass guitar
Sascha Gerbig — rhythm guitar
Gottfried Koch — acoustic guitar
Choir — The Rosenberg Ensemble
Choir — Hamburg State Opera
London Symphony Orchestra with David Snell as a conductor and Gordon Nikolitch as a concertmaster
Spielmann-schnyder Philharmonie with Christopher Claytonas as a conductor
West Saxon Symphony Orchestra:
- Rubens Gazarian as a conductor
- Thomas Rohde — oboes
- Thomas Gramatzki — сlarinet, flute
- Gerlinde Meyer-Bahlburg, Gabriela Hampe — violin
- Ansgar Niemeier, Hartwig Belando — viola
- Felicitas Reiske, Anja-Christine Hitzer — сello
- Angela Trüg — double bass
- Suzana Bradaric — singing saw on “Am Ende stehen wir zwei”
- Raphaela Mayhaus, Bettina Hunold, Gottfried Koch, Christoph Leis-Bendorff, Rosenberg Ensemble — choir
Lyrics and music by Tilo Wolff, except “The Turning Point” (lyrics by Anne Nurmi, music by Anne Nurmi & Tilo Wolff)
Recording — Gottfried Koch and Jan P. Genkel at Impuls Studio, Hamburg, Germany.
Mastering — Helge Halvé at Recording Service Halvé, Hamburg, Germany.
Producer, arranger — Tilo Wolff
Cover — Stelio Diamantopoulos
Photoraphy — Lou Dick
London Symphony Orchestra parts were recorded at Abbey Road Studio, London
West Saxon Symphony Orchestra parts were recorded at Kulturhaus Bohlen Studio
|!||2 LP (as part of box set Vintage Classix)||2001||Nuclear Blast (Germany)|
|!||Promo CD||1999||Hall of Sermon|
|CD||1999||Hall of Sermon|
|CD digipack||1999||Wizzard Records (Mexico)|
|CD||1999||Hellion Records (Brazil)|
|CD||2001||Sail Productions (Korea)|
|2 CD digipack (with “Alleine Zu Zweit EP”)||2002||Irond (Russia)|
|!||2 CD 15th Anniversary Edition||2006||Scarecrow (Mexico)|
|CD||2006||Magnum Music (Taiwan)|
|CD||2009||Rock Empire (China)|
|MC (music cassette)||1999||Morbid Noizz Productions (Poland)|
|MC (music cassette)||1999||Rocris Disc (Romania)|
|MC (music cassette)||2001||Irond (Russia)|
|MC (music cassette)||2002||Mystic Production (Poland)|
|MC (music cassette)||2003||Moon Records (Ukraine)|
! – editions with the highest collector value.
– Music video was made for “Alleine Zu Zweit”.
– Vinyl edition was released in 2001 by Nuclear Blast in two discs as part of limited box set “Vintage Classix” (1000 copies), includes a bonus track — “Meine Welt”.
– Russian edition was released with “Alleine Zu Zweit”single double digipack format.
– Japanese, Chinese and Brazilian editions include two bonus tracks — “Und Du Fallst” and “Meine Welt”.
– Mexican (1999 and 2005) and Argentine editions include a bonus track — “Meine Welt”.
– Korean edition inslude a bonus track — “Siehst Du mich im Licht (Atrocity-Remix)”
– Anniversary Mexican edition of 2006 year was released in double digipack format, it includes a poster and a bonus disc with “Alleine Zu Zweit” single.
This page is also available in: Russian