Hoffnung (German hope) – the twelfth full-length studio album by Swiss gothic metal band Lacrimosa, released on 6 November, 2015. The album provides a variaty of symphonic arrangements permormed by the orchestra of 60 musicians.
Hoffnung release was timed to coincide with the 25-anniversary of Lacrimosa. Just to mention, the first Lacrimosa’s release was the demo-cassette Clamor in autumn, 1990.
The record includes 15 min long song “Mondfeuer”, which is the longest one by Lacrimosa now. According to Tilo Wolff, who didn’t provide more details, the track is somehow connected with Russia.
The album was released in two versions:
Deluxe Edition CD (+DVD)
Lacrimosa supported the release with Unterwelt-Tour, started on November 18, 2015 in Minsk Belarus. Within the tour the band visited Belarus, Russia, China, Taiwan, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Germany and Belgium.
|4.||Die unbekannte Farbe||5:35|
|5.||Der Kelch der Hoffnung||3:24|
|6.||Thunder and Lightning||3:55|
|7.||Tränen der Liebe||6:39|
|8.||Der freie Fall – Apeiron, Part 1||6:17|
|9.||Keine Schatten mehr||2:28|
|10.||Apeiron – Der freie Fall, Part 2||9:07|
|Deluxe Edition CD|
|11.||Keine Schatten mehr (Jubiläums-Version)||03:17|
|Deluxe Edition DVD|
|1.||Live in Mexico City – The Movie||135:00|
Tilo Wolff — vocals, guitars, bass guitar, rhythm guitar, keyboards, trumpet, piano,
Anne Nurmi — vocals, keyboards
Jay P. Genkel — rhythm guitar, lead guitar
Henrik Flyman — guitar
David Underwood – bass guitar
Julien Schmidt — drums
Arturo Garcia — drums
Video by Defect Art
Lacrimosa Session Orchestra:
Martin Jung Beate
Orchestrated by Tilo Wolff.
Conducted by Paul Fromm.
Assisted by David Hoffman and Mareike Seidel.
Lyrics and music by Tilo Wolff, except “Thunder & Lightning” (lyrics by Anne Nurmi, music by Anne Nurmi & Tilo Wolff).
Arrangements, orchestrations, recordings, mix and production by Tilo Wolff at Studio au Parc, Switzerland.
The Lacrimosa Session Orchestra was recorded by Adrian Unger at The Dolphin, Germany.
Henrik Flyman, Jay P. Genkel and Julien Schmidt recorded their parts at their own studios.
Mastered by Tom Meyer at Master & Servant, Germany.
Photography and artwork – angst-im-wald studio
Cover and booklet:
- Idea – Anne Nurmi, Stelio Diamantopoulos and Tilo Wolff
- Painted by Stelio Diamantopoulos
|CD||2015||Hall of Sermon|
|!||CD/DVD digipack||2015||Hall of Sermon|
|!||CD/DVD digipack (release-party edition)||2015||Scarecrow (Mexico)|
|!||2CD/DVD digibook||2015||Scarecrow (Mexico)|
|!||2CD/DVD earbook||2015||Scarecrow (Mexico)|
! – editions with the highest collector value.
– Music video was made for “Die Unbekannte Farbe” by Defect Art
– Original digipack edition was released in a limited number, it offers DVD “Live in Mexico City” live-album.
– Mexican release-party limited edition (500 copies) was released in digipack format, it offers DVD “Live in Mexico City” live-album, it was sold at club fan appreciation parties in Mexico only and wasn’t commercially available.
– Mexican digibook edition offers DVD “Live in Mexico City” live-album and CD with mini-album “Heute Nacht”.
– Mexican earbook edition was released in earbook 27cmx28cm format, offers DVD “Live in Mexico City” live-album and CD with mini-album “Heute Nacht”, was limited (300 copies) and was sold at Unterwelt-Tour concerts only, wasn’t commercially available.
This page is also available in: Russian