Schattenspiel (German game of shadows, theatre of shadows) — double album by Swiss gothic metal band Lacrimosa, released on 7 May 2010 by Hall of Sermon.
The records is a compilation that includes the previously unreleased songs of Lacrimosa, and is dedicated to 20-anniversary of the band. On two discs 18 compositions are presented (9 on each), including demos of 1990 year, some unpublished songs and two songs written by Tilo Wolff specially for the album: “Sellador” and “Ohne Dich ist alles nichts”
|01. 1990||Seele in Not (Urversion)||5:54|
|02. 1990||Requiem (Urversion)||6:54|
|04. 1990||Schuld und Sühne||4:21|
|05. 1992||Dreht Euch||2:14|
|06. 1993||Dem Ende entgegen||4:53|
|07. 1994||Schakal (Urversion)||9:15|
|08. 1994||Vermächtnis der Sonne (Urversion)||4:44|
|09. 1996||Copycat (Extended Version)||6:37|
|10. 2002||Ein Hauch von Menschlichkeit (Late Night Remix)||3:56|
|12. 2003||Schönheit straft jedes Gefühl||8:07|
|13. 2004||Ein Fest für die Verlorenen||8:24|
|15. 2006||Der Verlust||4:34|
|16. 2007||Déjà vu||5:56|
|18. 2010||Ohne Dich ist alles nichts||6:04|
Tilo Wolff – vocals, keyboards
Anne Nurmi – vocals, keyboards
The Rosenberg Ensemble – choir
Deutsches Filmorchester Babelsberg with Gunter Joseckas a conductor
Spielmann-Schnyder Philharmonie with Tilo Wolff a conductor
Judith Gruning — female vocals (track 6)
Eric The Phantom – violin (track 7)
Andrea Musetti – violin (tracks 12, 13)
Caroline Köster – cello (tracks 12, 13)
Ben Haag – guitar (tracks 11—16), bass guitar (tracks 12—16)
Sebastian Hausmann – guitar (trakcs 7, 8)
Jan Yrlund – guitar (track 9)
Jan P. Genkel – bass guitar (track 9)
AC – drums (track 9)
Arturo Garcia – drums (track 18)
Programmed, arranged, orchestrated and produced by Tilo Wolff
Masered by Helge Halve at the Recording Service Halve
Philippe Alioth — sound engineering (tracks 1, 2, 4, 7, 8)
Robert Dietrich — sound engineering (tracks 3, 5)
Kevin Lancashire — engineering (track 6)
Jay P. — programming (track 10)
Cover – Alla Bobyleva
Artwork by Lacrimosa and angst-im-wald
- Jaqueline W.
- Felix Flaucher
- Stelio Diamantopoulos
- Jeanne Saint-Julien
- Burgis Wehry
- Ingo Romling
|!||3 LP (600 copies)||2010||Scarecrow (Mexico)|
|!||3 LP box (50 copies)||2010||Scarecrow (Mexico)|
|!||Promo 2 CD||2010||Hall of Sermon|
|2 CD||2010||Hall of Sermon|
|2 CD||2010||Dynamo Brazilie (Brazil)|
|2 CD||2010||Sail Productions (Korea)|
|2 CD||2010||Irond (Russia)|
|2 CD digipack||2010||Irond (Russia)|
|2 CD||2010||Icarus (Argentina)|
|!||2 CD digipack (2000 copies)||2010||Scarecrow (Mexico)|
|!||2 CD||2010||Rock Empire (China)|
|2 CD||2011||EndOfTheLight (USA)|
|!||2 CD Vinyl Replica 20th Anniversary Edition||2012||Scarecrow (Mexico)|
! – editions with the highest collection value.
– Vinyl edition which was released by Mexican label Scarecrow Records offers two options:
- Gatefold sleeve, three discs, 36-page booklet in LP format, one special anniversary poster 24х36 inches, a certificate of authenticity with an individual number. Circulation in 600 copies.
- Сardboard box, three discs, 36-page booklet in LP format, one special anniversary poster 24х36 inches, a certificate of authenticity with an individual number. Circulation in 50 copies.
– Mexican CD edition was released in double digipack format with circulation in 2000 copies includes a certificate of authenticity with an individual number and one bonus track – “Sellador (Club Mix)”.
– Russian edition was released in a regular formant as well as in double digipack.
– Chinese edition include a bonus – two guitar picks with Lacrimosa logotype.
This page is also available in: Russian