Inferno (German Hell, Hades) — the fourth studio album by Swiss gothic metal band Lacrimosa. The album is a turning point in the band’s history as it fixed genre transition from darkwave to gothic metal. Sometimes the musical style of album is described as doom metal.
“Inferno” is the first full-length studio album by Lacrimosa where Anne Nurmi was involved in recording .
Also “Copycat” is the first song by Tilo Wolff which was written in English.
“Inferno” stayed in the German charts for several weeks, its peak position was 81.
|02.||Kabinett der Sinne||9:18|
|04.||No blind eyes can see||9:17|
|06.||Vermächtnis der Sonne||4:09|
|08.||Der Kelch des Lebens||14:03|
Tilo Wolff – vocals, keyboards, piano
Anne Nurmi – vocals, keyboards
Jan Yrlund – guitar, acoustic guitar
Jan P. Genkel – bass guitar
AC – drums
Charlotte Kracht – cello
Ulrich Kaon – cello
In recording also participated Barmbeker Symphony Orchestra with Gottfried Koch as a conductor
Music and lyrics by Tilo Wolff, except “No Blind Eyes Can See” (lyrics by Anne Nurmi, music by Anne Nurmi & Tilo Wolff).
Recorded and mixed by Gottfried Koch and Jan P. Genkel at Impuls Studio, Hamburg, Germany.
Mastering – Bemmo Hofer at Ton-Art Studio.
Arranged and produced by Tilo Wolff.
Programming – Tilo Wolff
Photoraphy – Felix Flaucher
Cover and booklet:
- Designed by Tilo Wolff
- Painted by Stelio Diamantopoulos
- Layout by Felix Flaucher
|!||2 LP (vinyl edition)||1995||Hall of Sermon|
|!||Promo CD||1995||Hall of Sermon|
|!||CD||1995||Hall of Sermon|
|CD||2001||Sail Productions (Korea)|
|2 CD digipack (with “Schakal EP”)||2002||Irond (Russia)|
|!||2 CD 15th Anniversary Edition||2006||Scarecrow (Mexico)|
|CD||2006||Magnum Music (Taiwan)|
|CD||2009||Rock Empire (China)|
|MC (music cassette)||1995||Wizard Ltd. (Balgaria)|
|MC (music cassette)||1996||Morbid Noizz Productions (Poland)|
|MC (music cassette)||2001||Irond (Russia)|
|MC (music cassette) (with “Schakal EP”)||2002||Mystic Production (Poland)|
|MC (music cassette)||2003||Moon Records (Ukraine)|
! – editions with the highest collector value.
– Music videos were made for “Schakal” and”Copycat”.
– Original vinyl edition of 1995 year was released in two discs.
– Russian edition was released with “Schakal” single in double digipack format.
– Argentine edition includes “Seele In Not (Metus Mix)” as a bonus track.
– Mexican (2002) and Korean editions include a bonus track “Schakal (Piano Version)”.
– Anniversary Mexican edition of 2006 year was released in double digipack format, it includes a poster and “Alles Luge” single as a bonus track.
– Polish edition (2002) on cassete was released with “Schakal” single.
This page is also available in: Russian